Monday, June 25, 2007

UK knocks out ID

Today has been a great day for articles. This article from The Register mentions how ID is not considered science, and will not be taught in the UK. I say great for the UK, they are one step ahead of the US now.

Feel free to ignore this part, it's just me rambling on.
For some odd reason this reminds me of a time when I was at a county fair. I was walking by one of those religious booths, you know the ones that give away those really small bibles to everyone. I must have been about 12 at the time. One of the people in the booth stopped me, that was before I was smart enough to keep walking, and asked me if I believed. I informed the person that I did not (wrong move), this got him talking to me about how god must be real, and how I should believe. I can't recall too much of it, but I do recall one of his arguments (this is not an exact quote) "Take the nose for example. If god didn't design us, then our noses could have grows upside down, then anytime it rained we would drown!" I politely informed him that if that happened then the upside down nose trait would not be passed on, and we would never know about it, so it would look like design, but would in fact be evolution. He ignored this and continued on about the nose and design. It was at that point that people will ignore what they don't like, and continue to believe no matter what.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/06/25/id_not_science/
http://www.theregister.co.uk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligent_design