Friday, April 17, 2009

Rationality

It can be a painful thing at times I think.That need to separate our emotions from our decisions. But it is indeed a need. I don't so much say this in response to any crazy actions by some theist group. Instead I say this about the tea parties and the protests they host.

As I watched the coverage of these events people haplessly tossed out terms like fascist, or tyranny, or "taxation with out representation". Now any rational person can see what is the most most obvious problem with these protests. In a tyrannical or fascist state such protests would not be tolerated. In our they get gross media coverage.

These tea parties are fear mongering at its worst; blatant appeals to emotion by people that hardly understand the words they are using to make the appeal. It saddens me.

I know it's a bit off topic but I just had to vent.